SCG Chemicals acquires 51% of Norner Holding

Thailand-based SGC Chemicals has acquired 51% of Norwegian firm Norner Holding from the private equity fund E&M and Norner employee shareholders in a bid to boost Norner further as a global independent innovation partner for the plastics value chain. The remaining 49% stake will be acquired by September next year.

SCG Chemicals is a subsidiary of Thailand's largest industrial conglomerate Siam Cement Group (SCG), while Norner is a 35-year old business which prides itself as an independent plastics and material institute with advanced laboratories. It currently contributes to innovation, consultancy and testing services to clients who new plastics expertise from consumables, packaging, oil & gas and infrastructure to petrochemical raw material production and product enhancement.

SCG Chemicals has been continuing R&D competency improvement for High Value Added products (HVA).

“Norner is a market leader in polymer and plastics innovation and will be an important part of the jigsaw to SCG Chemicals in many areas of product innovation,” President of SCG Chemicals Cholanat Yanaranop said.

Meanwhile, Norner CEO Tine Rørvik said: “We are very proud to have SCG Chemicals as a strategic investor and are confident that their strategic visions and financial power will give Norner a good platform for future growth internationally.”


Home | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Contact | Webmail | Site Map

Copyright (c) 2014 All rights reserved.