M&As: Erema acquires 60% stake in Plasmac; Hennecke acquires assets of American PU machine maker PPI

Erema acquires 60% stake in Plasmac

Austrian Erema Group has acquired 60% of Italian recycling machine manufacturer Plasmac Srl to further expand its range of tailor-made plastic recycling solutions for in-house applications. The remaining 40% of the recycling machine manufacturer is owned by Syncro Group, a manufacturer in Italy that makes equipment for the blown film industry.

Plasmac has been active worldwide as a manufacturer of recycling plants since 1994 and was previously based in Aylesbury, England. In June 2018 the Syncro Group relocated the business to Busto Arsizio (Italy) and in January 2019 Plasmac Srl was newly established.

Plasmac has comprehensive expertise in edge trim recycling and with their Alpha direct feed extruder and Omega shredder-extruder system offers easy-to-use solutions for throughputs of up to 250 kg/hour. This range is supplemented by the Powerfeed edge trim transport system.

"These machines and components expand our product range of systems for straightforward standard applications in the in-house segment, which is very important to us," says Manfred Hackl, CEO of Erema, explaining why they invested in this business.

With technological developments such as the Intarema system and the founding of the subsidiary Pure Loop, which specializes in shredder-extruder technology for the recycling of clean production waste, Erema says it has already successfully strengthened and expanded its presence in the in-house segment in recent years.

Hackl added, "It enables us to offer in-house customers tailor-made recycling solutions with an attractive price/performance ratio so that our group of companies can reach new customer groups and markets," he explains. Gabriele Caccia is also looking forward to working together as part of the EREMA Group. He is sure that "All companies involved will benefit from the partnership with the world market leader in plastics recycling technology".

Meanwhile, Germany machinery maker Hennecke has acquired the assets of Polyurethane Process Industries (PPI) of the US. PPI has supplied equipment, parts, repair and technical support to North American polyurethane (PU) processors since 2004 and was the exclusive US distributor for equipment and systems manufactured by the OMS Group.

Hennecke purchased OMS Group in late 2017, bringing into its portfolio the world’s largest range of plants for producing insulated sandwich panels and metering machines.

Through the PPI acquisition agreement, Hennecke says it adds decades of experience in the North American PU industry, in addition to expertise with OMS equipment and plants.

The transition of PPI to Hennecke Inc began with the official launch of Hennecke-OMS last year, now branding itself as one of a few companies that can offer single-supplier solutions for continuous or discontinuous plants producing insulated sandwich and board panels for the commercial refrigeration, construction, roofing and transportation industries

The Hennecke Group, with headquarters in Sankt Augustin, Germany, has been producing machines, plants and systems for all core technologies for the processing of PU for more than 70 years.


Subscribe to Get the Latest Updates from PRA  Please click here

©2018 Plastics and Rubber Asia. All rights reserved.

©2018 Plastics and Rubber Asia. All rights reserved.

Home Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Webmail Site Map About Us


Contact Us Register Subscribe