October 2012

Lead Feature

Company News

Materials News

Machinery News

Injection Moulding

Rubber Journal Asia

E-Magazine for the Rubber Industry
Top Glove expanding its capacity to achieve goal of 30% global share by 2015

MALAYSIA-based Top Glove, a leading maker and supplier of rubber gloves is expanding its capacity through creating a total of 22 glove factories across the country to achieve its goal of partaking 30% of the global market share.

Read more»

Electronic Issue

September-October 2012 Issue Still Available!

Auxiliary and automation equipment company Azo is enjoying a healthy growth of its Mixomat mixer in Asia

Click & browse here!»


Asian sales slide for Italians

ITALIAN machinery association Assocomaplast says that imports and exports for the sector recorded new gains in the first half of 2012, compared to the same period in 2011.

However, sales stagnated in China and India and fell in the Middle East due to the political situation.

Imports, albeit slowing compared to previous quarters, grew by 6%, to a tune of EUR300 million, reflecting weakness of the domestic market.

A more marked increase (11%) was witnessed in exports. After a relative weakening in early 2012, sales abroad have regained momentum, particularly in the second quarter, exceeding EUR1.23 billion overall. This has produced measurable improvement in the balance of trade, which has reached figures well in excess of EUR900 million.

Regarding the types of machinery exported, extruders, accounted for roughly 12% of the total, with half of the lines sold abroad to Europe. Good performance was also observed for blow moulding machines (16%) and moulds (28%), which represent 28% of the total.

On the negative side, exports of injection machines have fallen off (-14%), primarily due to a slump in European sales, especially to Russia. Sales of machines and moulds are seeing growth in Mexico with Brazil, on the other hand, showing signs of a loss in momentum, and this is coupled with difficulties of access for many manufacturers due to high customs duties. Sales are also climbing in Europe, especially in extra-EU markets. And although the values are significantly lower, exports are also increasing toward African countries (especially those in the sub-Saharan area) and to Oceania.

The ranking of the top five destination countries for Italian exports of machines is as follows: Germany (14.7% of the total; +9% with respect to January-June 2011), France (6.3%; +5%), Russia (5.5%; +61%), United States (5.5%; +10%), China (5.1%; -7%). (PRA)